Friday, May 3, 2013

Micro Studio

micro studio work area deskOh, this has been a great week! The desk got finished. *happy dance* I've started moving in and working. The downer is not everything I want to have at hand will fit in the desk in an organized manner. I do have the wall above the desk and am giving that serious consideration. The riser under the lamps is because the lamp neck is so short the light is in my eyes if the lamp is sitting on the desk surface.

Aren't the geode book ends gorgeous? I forgot I had them until I cleaned the bookshelf that used to live in the spot where the desk is now.

I've got several ideas for storage to maximize the space and allow for all the supplies I want to have at hand for making toys, books, and art. I also want to replace the riser with something a bit wider. The bases of the lamps hang over the edges which could prove to be a problem. Besides, the riser is actually part of my booth set up for craft fairs. It would be better to return it to the booth furniture rather than trying to unearth it when I have a show.

The best part, I've found, is that I'm not as distracted when I'm working there. I've deliberately left my computer on the small secretary across the room. It means moving my chair from one to the other, but the chair is on wheels.

A while ago, I posted about organizing the felt and floss into zip bags. Putting them into hanging file folders in the file drawer (lower right drawer) is so much easier to access. It's also easier to put back the balance of the felt in a folder in the drawer after cutting something out. I'm very pleased about that change.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment