Friday, May 10, 2013

Studio expansion and more

studio shelving, studio shelvesIt's been a busy week. I kicked myself in the behind to get my critters online. I've started a website. Not much, just a splash page so far. I've started an Etsy store, a FaceBook page, and a Pinterest account. I'm just learning the ins and outs of social media, so this may take me a bit to get the hang of things. I've also got more critters and bendy dolls to put up on Etsy.

I've added a shelving unit to my studio space so I can have more supplies at hand. I really am loving working in the new space. It feels so roomy! I know it's just a corner of the living room, but it's mine. :) The picture is a bit blue because I had a filter chosen on the camera. Oops.

dragon blank book, blue blank bookIn the lower left hand shelf, you can see 2 books. Those are blank books I made this last week. I was out of blank journals and as long as I was making one, I made 2. The darker blue is an experiment using the dragon pattern as an applique. It turned out ok. The problem is I was sewing on a heavy paper rather than a fabric. This evidently required a blood sacrifice. I poked my fingers at least half a dozen times. Drew blood most of the time. (Ouch!) The other is covered with some hand made paper I purchased last year. It has a really interesting texture to it.
blue blank book
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment