Sunday, February 10, 2013

Experimental Success

stone tower
The first experiment was a success! This is one wall of the separate little box/tower that came with the castle. I hand drew in pencil all the stone shapes. Then, painted them in with various shades of grey acrylic paint.

I posted this on the Fiber Art forum on WetCanvas. The response was overwhelmingly positive that doing the whole castle this way would be so cool. I agree.

Since the point of this exercise was to be a background for pictures of the toys, I took a few test shots of toys in front of this piece to kind of get an idea of what I might expect.
Nessie


This is Reid, a Nessie.










And this is Spring. I think I need better lighting, but am pleased with the grey background.
Spring green dragon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment