Friday, September 6, 2013

Dragon experiment

felt Halloween toy dragon
After the forest colored dragon, I got some feedback. The consensus was that the contrasting belly gusset was very cool. But, the separate legs, while fine, did not reflect my style. Giving it some thought I came up with yet another design. This time keeping the look of my dragon, but adding the contrasting belly gusset. I worked it out in Halloween colors.

The feedback on this design is wonderful. I've succeeded in creating something different, but still done in my style. The negative comments one and all were that I should choose a better color combination. No one liked the black and orange dragon. :( I even had a name picked out for him, Spooky. Ah well, not everyone likes what I do and not everyone likes the colors I choose. If you have an opinion please leave me a comment below. I'm still deciding on whether to take this new design forward and offer this style of dragon for sale in my Etsy shop.

felt Halloween toy dragon
While I think about it, I'm working on a few unicorns.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment