Friday, January 11, 2013

A Beginning

Another New Year and a new blog. Well, yes and no. I've been meaning to do this for most of last year, but couldn't decide how to start. And, while it may be another new year, I've never had a blog before.

First a little bit about me and my studio. I'm a bit eclectic. I have many interests and any one of them may end up here. This is about my creativity and I don't know exactly where that will lead. My many interests include candy making, book binding, sewing, embroidery, needle felting, stuffed toy making, doll making, and colored pencil. *whew* That doesn't mean that's everything either, for I have a tendency to go "ooh, shiney!" Then I try something new. :)

To start, last month I found the coolest castle in Micheal's Crafts.
I thought it would be a perfect display for the little toys I make.
While it's delightful as it is, I want it to be a little more. I am currently doing some sanding. It will then get a coat of primer. In the meantime, I've got paints and stuff to experiment with making it look like a stone castle instead of a wooden castle. I'll show more of the castle next time. That draw bridge opens up and the whole thing is hinged on one side so it opens up and you can play inside.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment